Saturday 26 November 2011

Let's Get Organic!!

So in the last week I've decided that I want to live a more eco friendly life for me and my kids and my partner. So what I've decided to do is start with putting Maddy in mcn's as I've read up on the nasty toxins in disposable nappies and I dont want to expose Maddy to those certain chemicals anymore.

side note:: I dont judge any mums who choose to use disposable nappies at all. I dont want to come across as preachy or anything, because I'm definately not. It's just something I feel really strongly about now that I've done a little bit of research::

I've also decided to throw out my nappy wipes and make my own (I will do a demo of these next week).

And I've also decided to make my own soap, shampoo and conditioner. :) (I will be posting a tutorial of these next week also)

So this afternoon I thought I would start out with something that sounded fairly easy, body lotion bars! here is the end result:

this is my first attempt at a bar of lotion :)

Once I have perfected the formula I'll post the tutorial here... mine came out a little harder than I would have liked.. but thats what learning is all about isn't it? trial and error. :)

anyway, thats where I am upto on my quest to live a more organic and eco conscious lifestlye.. :)

you can find the links to info about the chemicals in baby wipes, nappies, shampoo and conditioner here and here 

have a lovely day/night/afternoon or whenever you may be reading this :)

1 comment: