Tuesday 15 November 2011

We Didn't Even Make It To The Sand.

So last Sunday I went to the markets nice and early in the morning to try and beat the heat, it was still bloody hot, but i did manage to find a couple of cute vintage earrings. :)


I also found a cute little boat for a girlfriend's little boys room. (alas, I forgot to take a pic), So I went to drop it over to her and she suggested we go to the beach for the day.. I thought this was a fabulous idea and agreed straight away and left to get the kids ready.
I ofcourse asked Josh if he wanted to come and he said yeah, so we piled in the car and were off for our beach adventure. 

Happy Family On The Way To The Beach.

We drove to Tin Can Bay and found a gorgeous little spot with lots of shade and the tide was in and it looked devine. We parked and jumped out of the car eagerly wanted to paddle in the water.
On our way walking to get to the sand we had to walk through a park, this old lady was riding along on her bike, got the speed wobbles and fell off!! I missed it as i was too busy trying to control Zach and Maddy, but Josh spotted it (ofcourse he did). 
He turned around and was like "that old lady just stacked it" and proceeded to laugh about it. 
He was still laughing when BAM!!! he trips over and falls to the ground like a sack of shit... 
I raced over and said "karma's a bitch" and was giggling at him until i got abit closer and saw this:

Yep, that's a stick, sticking out of hubby's foot.

I honestly didnt know what to do/say.. i just kept asking him "how did you do that?".. we raced to the nearest ambulance station and asked them what we should do. They told us they would take Josh in the ambulance back to Gympie hospital and to meet him there. 
I had to call my mum and organize her to look after the kiddies for me while I went and sat with Josh. 

By the time i got to the hospital it was all over and this is what they pulled out of Josh's foot: 

Josh, pretty high on morphine!! :)

So our big beach adventure turned into a big hospital adventure and we didnt even get to touch the sand!! 

I hope you all had lovely weekends!  

much luv. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment